This post is a little bit different than my others. About a week ago, I received some surprising news! Just after three months of blogging, I’ve been nominated for a Sunshine Blogger Award! I was delighted and overjoyed to see that so many people out there were loving my blog’s content.
Now, I am sure you are wondering what kind of Award it is! I didn’t know what it was until my fellow blogger nominated me, and I am so humbled!
WHAT IS THE SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is a peer-recognition award given by bloggers to other super creative, talented, and entertaining bloggers. It is an excellent way of opening yourself to the community and your readers and brings overall positivity to the blogging community. It’s a great feeling to know that other bloggers are loving your blog content!
WHO NOMINATED ME?
Richie’s Room nominated me, and I want to say a huge thanks to you, Richie, for the recognition and for deciding to nominate me!
Trying to be consistent and bring valuable content to your blog can be time-consuming and, at times draining, and sometimes you are not sure that what you write will be engaging and enriching enough to readers. With that in mind, I am truly humbled and proud that Richie thought my content and contributions were worthy of a nomination.
Richie’s blog is full of amazing content on all things dog-related. He provides detailed guidance, tips, and strategies that will genuinely help you if you are a current dog owner or looking to own one; this is the place to go first! You will learn and understand so much about dog health, behavior, and training.
WHAT ARE THE RULES?
Rules? Don’t worry! It is nothing complicated!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you. Please do this in your blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions that the nominator asked you.
- Nominate 11 new bloggers and write them 11 new questions. Notify them commenting on one of their blog posts.
- In your blog post, include the rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo in your blog post.
HERE ARE RICHIE’S QUESTIONS ALONG WITH MY ANSWERS
Picking one option only (no sitting on the fence!), would you say that you primarily blogged for fun or for profit?
I was really hoping I could pick both! But it is primarily for profit, but I am loving the whole experience of it all.
Tell us about your most recent pet.
My most recent pet was back in 2012. I know, a very long time ago! It was a goldfish whose name was Dorothy. She had a fascinating personality. She followed me in her tank (going back and forth every time I crossed the fish tank). She also used to jump out of her fish tank from time to time. I had her five years, but she died the day I landed in California to visit one of my older brothers.
What is your favourite (non-domestic) animal and why?
Lions are my favorite non-domestic animal. They have this strength, fearlessness, and power that makes them so majestic but yet graceful at the same time!
I found this great excerpt on the way of Lion, and it captures how I feel about this animal perfectly. “The lion is both graceful and powerful. Lions kill only what they need to survive. They do not fight for the sake of fighting. They avoid confrontation and will the scene of danger if possible”.
What is your biggest phobia? (Assuming it isn’t answering questions!)
Anything that crawls or creeps! I fear water bugs the most (that’s what they are called over here in the US), but in other countries (including my home country where I was born), they are called roaches. They are huge, they fly, and I genuinely feel that they are out to get me! It’s just too much!
I also fear being taken advantage of because of my kindness, but it is not to the extent of a phobia. I have come a long way in protecting myself from that happening too often. It still happens from time to time, but not as frequently as before.
What is one thing about you that might surprise others if they knew?
I have Trichotillomania (very mild case and self-diagnosed). Google it or check the DSM-5.
Have you ever broken a bone (your own, not somebody else’s!) – name the bone and describe the circumstances that resulted in it being broken?
Thankfully I have not! But I have had surgery on my right big toe to remove an ingrown nail. SUPER PAINFUL after the pain medication wore off! I wish this pain on no one!
Jack Reacher, the main character in Lee Child’s books, is 6’5″ tall and weighs around 17 stone (238 pounds, 108kg). Who would you choose to play him in movie versions of the books? (Minus points for putting the actual choice, which was Tom Cruise!).
I would definitely have to go with Tom Hardy. He is a great actor and I love his movies!
You are out for a walk when you come across a person being assaulted. Do you:
a) Intervene physically.
b) Intervene verbally.
c) Keep walking and then call the police.
d) Keep walking and pretend it never happened.
e) Something else.
Tough one for me! I will have to go with either B or C depending on the situation.
What is your favourite alcoholic drink?
Ruby Port Wine! I love sweet wines, followed by mojitos.
If you could go back in time and give your teenage self one piece of advice, what would it be?
Not all friends are meant to be permanent; some are only there for seasons.
What’s your favourite movie quote?
“I hate to point out the obvious, but here’s this tiny bird that’s been trying to get through a huge bulletproof glass wall. A totally impossible situation. You tell me it’s been here every day pecking away persistently for ten minutes. Well, today the glass wall came down.” – from Crazy Rich Asians Movie.
QUESTIONS FOR THE NOMINEES!
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
- What is one thing you wish you knew as a child about adulthood?
- What is your favorite holiday, and why?
- What is your view on mental health therapy?
- What is the best piece of advice you have ever received?
- What is something that instantly cheers you up/make you feel happy?
- If you had to choose one superpower, what would it be?
- What is one of your fears?
- What do you enjoy most about blogging?
- What do you least enjoy about blogging?
- What is your favorite food/snack (Popcorn gives me life!)
MY NOMINEES FOR THE SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD 2020
There are so many great bloggers out there and it was hard to just choose 11, but you are all amazing!
- Hanna Siller | Serene life: https://serenelifeconsulting.com/
- W.T.F.F (Working Towards Financial Freedom): https://www.wtffworkingtowardsfinancialfreedom.com/
- Jasmyn Heard | Just Jass: http://justjass.com/
- Cherbelle x nons mshengu: https://cherbelleblog.wordpress.com/
- Anita: https://niannilifestyleblog.wordpress.com/
- Nacia La: https://www.thesilenttorch.com/
- Seth Kellas: http://notjustseth.com/
- Clarissa Cabbage | Adventures Fit For Life: https://adventurefitforlife.com/
- concealedvoices: https://www.concealedvoices.com/
- Nicole B: https://unconventionallydomestic.com/
- Alexischainsaw: https://coronacomedyblog.com/
Thanks again Richie for nominating me, and congratulations to all the nominees!
Thank you so much to all my fellow bloggers, friends, and family supporting and sticking with on his journey! I am grateful! I may not have nominated everyone, but please know that you are a valuable part of this blogging and writing community.